The da Vinci Group was formed to bring together the finest dentists and the best dental related companies, offering patients specialized health and beauty products and services available only through da Vinci Group dental partners.
Group members and participants represent a best in class collection of laboratories, product manufacturers and technology companies whose common goal is the advancement of the art and science of dentistry.
What does this mean to you?
It means that all aspects of your dental experience involve the best clinicians, materials, products and manufacturers available in the market. It means that your dentist has included his or her practice in a partnership with companies whose goal it is to work together, develop new products and services with a prime focus on offering the best care possible, in the most forward thinking clinical environment.
What happens during the da Vinci Porcelain Veneers™ restorative procedure?
In most cases, patients need three appointments for the entire procedure: diagnosis and treatment planning, preparation, and bonding.
Diagnosis and treatment planning: It’s critical that you take an active role in the smile design. Spend time in the decision-making and planning of your smile. Ask questions and understand the corrective limitations of the procedure. If necessary, have more than one consultation to feel comfortable that your dentist understands your objectives.
Preparation of teeth: This appointment will take from one to two hours. To prepare the teeth for your da Vinci Veneers™, your teeth are lightly buffed to allow for the small added thickness of the veneer. Usually, about a half a millimeter of the tooth is removed, which may require a local anesthetic. At this appointment, a mold is taken of the teeth, which is sent to a da Vinci certified dental lab for the fabrication of the veneers. This should take no longer than two weeks for your new smile to be created. In most cases your dentist will fit you with a temporary smile during the fabrication of your new da Vinci Veneers.
Bonding of your da Vinci Veneers: This appointment will take about one or two hours. First, the dentist places the veneers with water or glycerin on the teeth to check their fit and get a true sense of their shade or color. While the veneers are resting on your teeth, make sure you view the aesthetic results and pay particular attention to the color. At this point, the color of the da Vinci Veneers can still be adjusted with the shade of the cement to be used.
The color cannot be altered after veneers are cemented. To apply your da Vinci Veneers, your teeth are cleaned with specific dental cleansers to achieve a firm and permanent bond. Then special cements are sandwiched between the veneer and tooth, a visible light beam initiates the release of a catalyst to harden the cement and your new smile is in place.
Choosing the Right Dentist:
- Get a referral from a friend! The best information can be from someone who has experienced that particular dentist’s care.
- Have an existing dental relationship with someone you trust! What kind of relationship do you have with your dentist?
- Make sure your Doctor has the right level of experience! How many cases has your dentist completed and can you speak to a patient that has worked with your dentist?
- What type of post graduate education does your dentist have? Has your clinician taken any advanced courses in cosmetic dentistry and did that include any “hands on courses”?
- Are you happy with your dentist’s smile book!
Does your dentist have an exceptional representation of their work?
- Is the staff in the office courteous, helpful and knowledgeable?
- Is the office very comfortable and clean? A physically comfortable and aesthetically pleasing environment is an important part of the cosmetic experience.
- Is your dentist’s equipment modern and up to date?